Composer Packages move to another machine

metalfoot77
Contributor II

Tell me if this is silly, but I use one machine (a Mac Pro) as my "master" machine to create packages (pkg and dmg) for use on my labs. This machine is getting a little conjested so I'd like to somehow backup all the items in Composer and move them to either another machine or wipe this machine and reinstall them back down.

Am I crazy for having captured these packages this way or is there a way to "move" them? I'd really not like to have to re-package all of these tiny apps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dan-snelson
Valued Contributor II

@kricotta Composer > Preferences > Advanced > Work directory for package building will show you where the "guts" of your PKGs and DMGs live, with a default of /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Composer/Sources/.
3abfd7d0e77b4d839ecd99e5a1d740a2

On your second box, you could rsync the entire Sources directory from your Mac Pro:

sudo rsync --dry-run -v -a -r -u -h -i -E --progress --stats admin@hostname:/source/ /destination
--delete-after # source trumps destination, deleting files on destination which don’t exist on source

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

dan-snelson
Valued Contributor II

@kricotta Composer > Preferences > Advanced > Work directory for package building will show you where the "guts" of your PKGs and DMGs live, with a default of /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Composer/Sources/.
3abfd7d0e77b4d839ecd99e5a1d740a2

On your second box, you could rsync the entire Sources directory from your Mac Pro:

sudo rsync --dry-run -v -a -r -u -h -i -E --progress --stats admin@hostname:/source/ /destination
--delete-after # source trumps destination, deleting files on destination which don’t exist on source

metalfoot77
Contributor II

Thank you so much! I know we need to socially distance, but virtual hugs are in order. Again, thanks!