Computers listed as unmanaged

rmiltenb
New Contributor

I added 3 computers on Friday to the JSS. All of them are listed as unmanaged. There's an issue with their DNS records that I'm having the networking team change. No policies or configurations have applied to the computers but they are checking into inventory. Could the DNS issue be causing the computers not being managed?

8 REPLIES 8

Johnny_Kim
Contributor II

How did you enroll the devices to the JSS?

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Last time I had this it was after an upgrade to the JSS. Some Macs switched to unmanaged.

If you know the password for the management account, you can add the details back in to the computers inventory record.

rmiltenb
New Contributor

The computers were enrolled via a quickadd package generated by Casper Remote. The management account has a random generated password. The JSS wasn't upgraded to 9.9 yet. I'm still using 9.81.

rmiltenb
New Contributor

I meant the quickadd packages were generated by Recon and not Casper Remote.

Kyuubi
Contributor

I'm having this issue as well. Machines freshly imaged and coming back as unmanaged. Yesterday i was able to login with the management account and run a jam manage to fix the issue. Today we reimaged the same machines and once again they came back as unmanaged. This time however the management account does not appear to be on the machines. What could be causing this?

Andy_McCaskill
Contributor

I am running into a similar issue. I didn't image but just ran Capser Imager to provision the devices straight from Apple.
Here was my deployment steps.
1. Created Pre-Stage Enrollment
2. Ran Casper Imager to install Apps and create user accounts.
3. rebooted to finish installations.
4. 2nd run through Casper to switch device to Setup Assistant.
From this point we would hand the devices off. I turned one on to test and DEP kicked in and worked. Yet, system shows unmanaged in JSS and isn't picking up Self Service app.

dcain
New Contributor

Did anybody find a fix? We have new machines to image but the dev machines will not enroll as managed through quick add, recon or enroll through url. We are also unable to add the management credentials to the computer through the JSS.

Yuichi
New Contributor II

My customer is having the same issue. Enrollment method used is quickadd.pkg by Recon. The devices shown as unmanaged are all Mac OS 10.9.5. Does the OS version happen to be the same for other folks having the same issue here?