Configuration profiles and App downloads not working on our network

mssaffan
New Contributor II

Hi All,

First off, I'm well aware this sounds like a network issue however our network guys think it isn't so I wanted to get some advice here and see if anyone has run in to this before.

On our network, Mac configuration profiles have stopped being pushed to our Macs. When switched to an outside network the configuration profiles do come down fine. Policies work without issue and inventory is taken without issue on our network. Our network guys have checked and all traffic from 17.0.0/8 is allowed and all relevant ports are open.

I've checked and our APNs cert is up to date.

Additionally, when on our network and only our network in random cases that don't have a pattern iPhone and iPad Apps don't download from the App Store. They get passed the password stage and then hang at the stage with a circle and a square in the middle. This is not exactly Jamf related as we don't enrol our mobile devices here. However it does suggest the issue is our network talking to APNs.

Any ideas? Thanks,

Mike

2 REPLIES 2

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@mikesols Hey fella! Give Push Diagnostics a go.

If not all green, you have one thing to look at.

*.apple.com cannot be proxied or MITM'd, so no cert inspection at all.

Whilst Apple publicise the 17 range as being theirs, it's often that an Akamai CDN is being used. So try an exception for *.apple.com instead.

mssaffan
New Contributor II

Hey Ben!

thanks for your response.

Looks like it might've had something to do with caching. I went through every server and all sites and ensured that it was off and cache reset and Apps seem to download.

Does not affect the configuration profile issue though. Continuing to troubleshoot it. Thanks.

Mike