Configuration Profiles > Login Items > Network Mounts - Broken?

GoingUndergroud
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm trying to get a network volume mounted automatically at login.

The volumes are on an AFP server. In Jamf Pro I am using Configuration Profiles > Login Items > Network Mounts and entering the following:

afp://myserver.mycompany.com/MyVolume

On client computers I can see in Utilities > System Information > Software Profiles that the loginitems.managed item is being pushed correctly to the client, with the correct afp path as above.

However, no volume is mounted at login. In System Preferences > Users & Groups > CurrentUser > Login Items a volume is shown, but there is no path - only "/".

I can see discussion that others have problems with this payload. Is it expected to work at all with 10.14 and 10.15?

Thanks,

ft.

8 REPLIES 8

LRZ_Jamf
Contributor

Hi,

as this is broken a long time already, we moved to something which is way more reliable. Check out https://gitlab.rrze.fau.de/faumac/networkShareMounter

Thanks to RRZE for this great tool!

Cheers
LRZ/bofh

GoingUndergroud
New Contributor III

Ah, ok, thanks for confirmation it is broken.
Why is it still in the Jamf Pro interface if it's broken? I spent a bunch of time trying to get it to work.
I'm new to Jamf. Are there any good resources which show the broken parts of Jamf so I don't waste more time on broken stuff?
thanks,
ft.

GoingUndergroud
New Contributor III

8 months later it still seems broken for afp and smb.

Are they gonna fix it? Why is it still available if it's broken?

DavidN
Contributor

Just found this thread. It is still broken for me on Mac OS 12.2.1. Still trying to find a solution for unbound Macs to auto-magically connect to network drives that the user has access to.

doschupp
New Contributor II

Thanks @LRZ_Jamf for recommending our tool :-)

@DavidN, a few months ago we released a whole new version. Significantly easier to control and users can now add custom shares by themself in the menubar. Maybe that solves your problem? We post a few more details in another thread: https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro/mounting-smb-network-shares-using-jamf-configuration-profiles...

geebee
New Contributor II

@doschuppwe're eagerly trying to test networkShareMounter however the releases give a 500 error when trying to download.

Can haz fix?

Please and thank you.

doschupp
New Contributor II

fixed

Is this fixed yet in Jamf Pro? My testing would indicate the answer to be no. But if anyone has found anything please let us know.