DEP to Jamf

ekarazhov
New Contributor III

Hello i am new to DEP and Jamf so forgive my ignorance. My set up is like this: We have a DEP account and our vendors put mac's that we purchase in to the program. We have a JamfPro (cloud) and the connection between DEP and Jamf was set up (ie certificates and tokens were importer ect.) The issue is that macs from DEP do not transfer to our Jamf server, therefore when our techs setup computers MDM account installation automatically is not happening. Also what i end up doing is; Log in to DEP search for a mac by serial number and then assign that mac to our Jamf server.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

nelsoni
Contributor III

You need to create a prestage enrollment in Jamf and assign the Macs to that prestage.

View solution in original post

Scotty
Contributor

A couple things need to happen. (assuming you have you Jamf to ABM relationship setup correctly already, sounds like you do)

1. You need to assign the macs in ABM (formally DEP) to a MDM, in this case Jamf. This can be setup to "auto assign" specific machine types to different MDM. Example, my company, we auto assign Macs to Jamf and iOS to inTune. Or you can manually assign. There is a method in ADM to pull a list of all macs in you ABM too, its helpful.

2. From there, you need to setup a "pre-stage" enrollment in Jamf and assign machines from DEP into that. Again, you can pick and choose assignment across various pre-stage" enrollments or setup auto assign all to 1. I do all to 1 as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

nelsoni
Contributor III

You need to create a prestage enrollment in Jamf and assign the Macs to that prestage.

Scotty
Contributor

A couple things need to happen. (assuming you have you Jamf to ABM relationship setup correctly already, sounds like you do)

1. You need to assign the macs in ABM (formally DEP) to a MDM, in this case Jamf. This can be setup to "auto assign" specific machine types to different MDM. Example, my company, we auto assign Macs to Jamf and iOS to inTune. Or you can manually assign. There is a method in ADM to pull a list of all macs in you ABM too, its helpful.

2. From there, you need to setup a "pre-stage" enrollment in Jamf and assign machines from DEP into that. Again, you can pick and choose assignment across various pre-stage" enrollments or setup auto assign all to 1. I do all to 1 as well.