Deploy VNC and Visual Studio Code

rguzman1
New Contributor II

I am trying to find a way to deploy VNC and Visual Studio Code. Was wondering if anyone has a way to do it and would be able to help me on this. Thank you in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

For Visual Studio Code, I would look at Installomator/Installomator: Installation script to deploy standard software on Macs (github.com).

I don't see VNC on the list of applications, but maybe there is an alternative in the software list?

View solution in original post

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II
  • VNC is a protocol, macOS natively supports VNC without the need for 3rd party tools or extensions. What Application that uses VNC are you trying to deploy? 
  • VS Code, you can just upload the package to JAMF and use a Policy deploy it and Patch Management to update it when the time comes.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

For Visual Studio Code, I would look at Installomator/Installomator: Installation script to deploy standard software on Macs (github.com).

I don't see VNC on the list of applications, but maybe there is an alternative in the software list?

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II
  • VNC is a protocol, macOS natively supports VNC without the need for 3rd party tools or extensions. What Application that uses VNC are you trying to deploy? 
  • VS Code, you can just upload the package to JAMF and use a Policy deploy it and Patch Management to update it when the time comes.

rguzman1
New Contributor II

Sorry for the late reply. I was able to get this working because I use Composer to make it a PKG and deploy it to machines. Thank you guys for the guides and help!

sharif_khan
Contributor II

@rguzman1 for VNC I use .pkg which provided by Vendor. Becuase the installer has some change i had perform with vendor's instruction. If you guys are using paid version then you will have to get with vendor then they can create .pkg version for you guys and you can deploy that.