Deploy VNC and Visual Studio Code

rguzman1
New Contributor II

I am trying to find a way to deploy VNC and Visual Studio Code. Was wondering if anyone has a way to do it and would be able to help me on this. Thank you in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Tribruin
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

For Visual Studio Code, I would look at Installomator/Installomator: Installation script to deploy standard software on Macs (github.com).

I don't see VNC on the list of applications, but maybe there is an alternative in the software list?

View solution in original post

AJPinto
Valued Contributor II
  • VNC is a protocol, macOS natively supports VNC without the need for 3rd party tools or extensions. What Application that uses VNC are you trying to deploy? 
  • VS Code, you can just upload the package to JAMF and use a Policy deploy it and Patch Management to update it when the time comes.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tribruin
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

For Visual Studio Code, I would look at Installomator/Installomator: Installation script to deploy standard software on Macs (github.com).

I don't see VNC on the list of applications, but maybe there is an alternative in the software list?

AJPinto
Valued Contributor II
  • VNC is a protocol, macOS natively supports VNC without the need for 3rd party tools or extensions. What Application that uses VNC are you trying to deploy? 
  • VS Code, you can just upload the package to JAMF and use a Policy deploy it and Patch Management to update it when the time comes.

rguzman1
New Contributor II

Sorry for the late reply. I was able to get this working because I use Composer to make it a PKG and deploy it to machines. Thank you guys for the guides and help!