DeployStudio and QuickAdd Package

mhatch14
New Contributor

I am trying to install a Casper QuickAdd package through a workflow in DeployStudio. It is set to be a "postponed installation" in DeployStudio. After the DeployStudio workflow runs and the machine boots up to the login screen, I login and see that Self Service is there and that the machine indeed appears to be enrolled into the JSS, but when I go to terminal and run "sudo jamf policy", I get the following error...

"Device Signature Error - A valid device signature is required to perform the action."

If instead I install the QuickAdd package after logging in and not by using DeployStudio, then the install runs and I am able to correctly run "sudo jamf policy" with no errors.

I'd like to be able to accomplish this, without errors, using DeployStudio. Any reason why the package won't install correctly with DeployStudio? If I do "sudo jamf enroll -prompt" after getting that error, then I am able to get things running properly.

Casper 9.2

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

tijones
New Contributor II

I don't have this issue and I do the exact same thing however i do notice it take ages longer to do the 9.2 QuickAdd package in DS rather than the 8.72

What version of Deploy Studio ? We are on 162
Are you signing you quick add package with a developer certificate? We use one.

I also run jamf flushpolicyhistory, jamf recon jamf manage, jamf mcx commands as a post script with DS (after the quick add)

mhatch14
New Contributor

We are using DS 1.6.3.

We are not signing with a developer certificate.

We are not doing those extra jamf commands that you run after. I'll give that a try.

Thanks.