Devices not installing profiles (including Jamf MDM profile)

kburns
New Contributor III

Hello,

We recently copied our production database over to our dev environment (long story). After doing so, we recreated our Tomcat cert and also recreated our push certificate within the dev JSS. We are able to enroll our devices, however, profiles will not install. We see the devices in the JSS, and see that profiles are scoped to the devices but nothing is sent down to the device.

When running "sudo jamf mdm" we receive the below error message.
Error installing the computer level mdm profile: profiles install for file:'/Library/Application Support/JAMF/tmp/mdm.mobileconfig' and user:'root' returned 400 (The operation couldn’t be completed. (MDMResponseStatus error 400.))

Problem installing MDM profile.

Problem detecting MDM profile after installation.**

I'm hoping someone has encountered this before. If not, I'll simply rebuild our dev environment.

I'm honestly quite curious what is causing this.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

a_stonham
Contributor II

Hi I just raised a case with Jamf today on this.

I found your post searching for Jamf Nation for the same error.

Seeing the exact same issues in our environment.

Ittermittenly failing to enroll in MDM

Wed Dec 20 23:28:30 WSCPT2M999 jamf[949]: Enforcing management framework...
Wed Dec 20 23:28:44 WSCPT2M999 jamf[949]: Error installing the computer level mdm profile: profiles install for file:'/Library/Application Support/JAMF/tmp/mdm.mobileconfig' and user:'root' returned 400 (The operation couldn’t be completed. (MDMResponseStatus error 400.))
Wed Dec 20 23:28:44 WSCPT2M999 jamf[949]: Problem installing MDM profile.
Wed Dec 20 23:28:44 WSCPT2M999 jamf[949]: Problem detecting MDM profile after installation.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@kburns & @a.stonham make sure that your JSS has 2195,2196 out to *.apple.com unhindered.

kburns
New Contributor III

@bentoms Thanks for the direction. Confirmed with our network engineer that both 2195 and 2196 are open on the firewall.

@a.stonham Glad to know I'm not the only one running into this. I wish ours was also only intermittent, however :(

MichaelH
New Contributor III

Hi I know this thread is a month old or so but did anyone get to the bottom of this, I am seeing the exact same thing "Error installing the computer level mdm profile: profiles install for file:'/Library/Application Support/JAMF/tmp/mdm.mobileconfig' and user:'root' returned 400 (The operation couldn’t be completed. (MDMResponseStatus error 400.))"

2195/2196 all open, any ideas or guidance on this would be great

yves
New Contributor II

Same issue here.

Error installing the computer level mdm profile: profiles install for file:'/Library/Application Support/JAMF/tmp/mdm.mobileconfig' and user:'root' returned 400 (The operation couldn’t be completed. (MDMResponseStatus error 400.))

RJH
Contributor

I am also now getting this same error, intermittently. Running JSS 10.1.1

Any ideas ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

restarting the computers then lets me add the MDM.. Its an intermittent problem with us. I was told to just kill some process which would force a restart of that process and it would resolve the issue without reboot.... I just can't remember what that process was.