Distributing iBooks to OS X via self service

Simmo
Contributor II
Contributor II

There is plenty of documentation on ways to distribute iBooks to iOS devices, but I require a way to distribute iBooks to users' macbooks and self service would definitely be a preferable way to do this.

I am currently using composer to package the iBook and then adding a postinstall script to open the iBooks file so it is added in to the user's ibooks library and then delete that ibook from the install location. This does work, however an easier way to do this would be preferable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jake
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @Matt.Sim and @Kthelin -

Check out the latest release of the Casper Suite. You now have the ability to distribute eBooks through Self Service on OS X and iOS. There were many other enhancements made to Self Service outlined in the release notes here.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Kthelin
New Contributor II

I wanting to know more about this. I have some ibooks I want to push out as well to macbook pro.

jake
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @Matt.Sim and @Kthelin -

Check out the latest release of the Casper Suite. You now have the ability to distribute eBooks through Self Service on OS X and iOS. There were many other enhancements made to Self Service outlined in the release notes here.

Simmo
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks @jake I did see that in the update notes, planning on upgrading this week!