DMZ Jamf PRO server - revert access to GUI

impervait
New Contributor

Hello Everyone,

i was wondering if there is a way to restore gui access to a server that i limited to computers and mobile devices only ? ( not full access ).

i forgot to turn on clustering on that server and i need gui access.

tried accessing it locally (127.0.0.1) didnt help, im also wondering how should i update it if i dont have GUI access ?

thanks for everyone that can help,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kerouak
Valued Contributor

Stop Tomcat Log in to MySQL: mysql -u root -p

Choose database: use jamfsoftware;

Check the limited access settings: select address, access_mode from limited_access_mode_settings;

Change flag from 1 to 0 to disable limited access: (serverIP will be address listed in point 4) update limited_access_mode_settings set access_mode = 0 where address ='serverIP';

Start Tomcat You should now be able to log in to our JSS.

cheers n Gluck!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

@impervait that setting is stored in the database. Contact support and they can help you manually input the necessary sql statements to restore access.

kerouak
Valued Contributor

Stop Tomcat Log in to MySQL: mysql -u root -p

Choose database: use jamfsoftware;

Check the limited access settings: select address, access_mode from limited_access_mode_settings;

Change flag from 1 to 0 to disable limited access: (serverIP will be address listed in point 4) update limited_access_mode_settings set access_mode = 0 where address ='serverIP';

Start Tomcat You should now be able to log in to our JSS.

cheers n Gluck!

impervait
New Contributor

thank you all for this :-)

it's now working for us.

appreciate it.

best regards,

nachiket_s
New Contributor III

I have found one more solution for this issue. I have tested this in windows environment ( not tested on linux and macOS)

In case you don't have database access and / or find it difficult to manage the database level restore, you can repair the current installation by executing the installer once again and choosing the repair option during the same. ( make sure that apache services are stopped during this time. 

PS: Tested it on versions prior to 10.32 only. Not tested on 10.33x and 10.34.x though.