email studient

Verbert
New Contributor

Hi all

Juste a little question. Easy for you but for me...

How to get the email registered on your ipad? I need to send emails to students... but i dont know this email.

Ipads were recorded with an identical enrollement profile.

Thank you in advance

5 REPLIES 5

Jean-Marie_Moes
New Contributor

Hi Verbert,

You could push an email profile to those iPads, where the various name, id, password, … fields would be automatically populated thanks to a LDAP connection. You would therefore need to setup an Active Directory or Open Directory first, that would include all the required data.

I'm not sure this answers your question, but that's how we usually automagically configure email boxes for our customers.

Best
-jm2

Verbert
New Contributor

Unfortunately, I do not have LDAP set up ... All the students have already put up their mail.

Jean-Marie_Moes
New Contributor

Ok Sébastien, I see what you're looking for.

First make sure you have a SMTP server properly configured in Settings > System Settings > SMTP Server.
Run a test (click on the "Test" button), just to make sure the emails will be reaching you all right.

Once this is done, head to the "Mobile Devices" tab, and run a search.
At the very bottom of the results page, you'll find an "Action" button. Click on it.
On the next page, click on the "Send an Email" radio button, then click on the "Next" button.
Fill in the next coming page with any needed information, click on "Next" once again, and voilà !

Is this what you were looking for?

Cheers
-jm2

calumhunter
Valued Contributor

I think you will need to have the email address populated in the JSS for this to work - either manually or from a directory service.

Jean-Marie_Moes
New Contributor

Hello Sébastien,

Did it work?

Cheers
-jm2