Escrow Buddy with Elliot Jordan | LaunchPad - The Jamf Admin Meetup

rarac
New Contributor

Hey All!

Being that this is my first post here, I thought I'd front load this with a little about this meetup. We run a monthly virtual meetup the first Friday of every month (except when it falls on a holiday). We bring in one of the largest groups of experienced Jamf Admins to discuss all things regarding Jamf. During the hour we run through the newest Jamf and Apple updates followed by a Keynote by Guest Speakers and our own staff. We think it's a pretty great community where ideas are shared and questions are answered.

This month we're hosting Elliot Jordan to discuss the new tool Escrow Buddy. Escrow Buddy is a brand-new open-source tool for Mac IT and security administrators who escrow FileVault personal recovery keys to their MDM. For Macs that do not have a valid recovery key in escrow, Escrow Buddy securely and transparently generates a new key during the standard macOS login process and triggers its escrow. In this session, Elliot Jordan will cover the reasons FileVault recovery keys might be missing from your MDM, share context on the pitfalls of existing password-prompt workflows aimed at solving the problem, and explain why Escrow Buddy offers a more evolved and scalable solution for modern Mac admins.

Elliot Jordan presented on Escrow Buddy at JNUC this year. If you weren't able to make JNUC or you did make it but didn't make his presentation, I'd highly recommend joining us. It's gonna be excellent!

2 REPLIES 2

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@rarac This does sound like an interesting meetup, but your post doesn't have any details about exactly when meetings are held or how to join.

Chish
New Contributor

The search results provide information about a monthly virtual meetup called LaunchPad, which is focused on discussing all things regarding Jamf. The meetup brings in experienced Jamf Admins to discuss the newest Jamf and Apple updates, followed by a keynote by guest speakers and staff. This month, Elliot Jordan will be discussing the new open-source tool called Escrow Buddy, which is designed for Mac IT and security administrators who escrow FileVault personal recovery keys to their MDM. Escrow Buddy securely and transparently generates a new key during the standard macOS login process and triggers its escrow for Macs that do not have a valid recovery key in escrow. Elliot Jordan will cover the reasons FileVault recovery keys might be missing from your MDM, share context on the pitfalls of existing password-prompt workflows aimed at solving the problem, and explain why Escrow Buddy offers a more evolved and scalable solution for modern Mac admins.

If you're interested in learning more about Escrow Buddy and joining the LaunchPad meetup, you can check out the resources provided in the search results, including a Reddit post, a white paper, and a YouTube playlist. Additionally, you can visit the Jamf Nation website to learn more about the Jamf community and stay updated on the latest news and events.