Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter integrations appear to be broken.

howie_isaacks
Valued Contributor II

Yesterday, my Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter integrations in Internet Accounts all started prompting for a password. When I filled in the correct password for each account, none of the accounts would take the password. I went to each individual site and manually filled in the passwords. They all worked. After about an hour of getting really annoyed, I decided to try logging in using Internet Accounts on a Mac that is not mine, and is not associated with my iCloud account, which leaves out this being an iCloud Keychain issue. The same thing happened on the other Mac. If I removed the accounts, Facebook and Twitter appeared to work at first, and then they started nagging me for my password again. LinkedIn gives a very strange error. Instead of giving me a specific error, it instead shows me a very long URL in red text that cannot be copied, so to try the URL, I had to manually type it in a web browser. Doing that accomplished nothing. I spoke to AppleCare about it yesterday. If this is something that is known at Apple, the AppleCare people don't seem to know anything about it. Has anyone else seen this? Both of my Macs are running macOS High Sierra 10.13.4. The other Mac I tried this on is running Sierra 10.12.6.

92d6c35478f04084b47207f16507e9df
2cf70caeae0a4139927a5cc2acb60155

4 REPLIES 4

prodic
New Contributor III

I saw similar behaviour yesterday on 10.12.6 and 10.13.5.
Ended up removing the accounts and re-added them. So far this seems to have worked.
If the error re-occurs I'll mention it to AppleCare.

howie_isaacks
Valued Contributor II

After I posted this, I found out that AppleCare does know about this. Re-adding the accounts seems to only work for a while. For me, they're still broken.

damienbarrett
Valued Contributor

Just chiming in. I saw this also on two machines last week. Eventually determined it had to be something outside the computer or our OS environment. Told the users that it would eventually clear itself up. Glad to see that we're not alone this.

howie_isaacks
Valued Contributor II

As of this morning, this is still happening with Facebook and LinkedIn. I posted this 4 days ago. I guess who ever is supposed to fix this isn't in any hurry, or they don't know about it.