FileMaker Pro 15 Packaging

nbrookes
New Contributor

So I have been asked to roll out FileMaker 15 Advanced to our 200 users. Last year when we had to roll out version 14 I was able to used a script provided by FileMaker that creates a nice package using the installer and the AssistedInstall.txt file. Everything ran perfectly.

This year I am getting a weird error when I try and run the script.

-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'

I am using the documentation found here.

https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/docs/15/en/fmp15_network_install_setup.pdf

Is anyone else running into this issue or experiencing any problems with rolling FMp15 out?

6 REPLIES 6

KyleGDG
New Contributor

Have you tried running the installer using the AssistedInstall.txt using composer, then using that complete package for deployment? Funny, you posted this, I was literally in the process of planning the same for our 120 users.

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

@KyleGDG I'm trying this for the first time, and I'm a little confused. If I use the script, will that pkg only be installable via ARD or will it push through Casper?

KyleGDG
New Contributor

Hey @jwojda I set our script up and ran the installation using it via composer, then deployed with Jamf Pro. Seems to work pretty well so far.

Apfelpom
New Contributor III

@nbrookes : which method did you exactly use?

We made a composer package of FileMaker 15 Pro at /Users/Shared using the .pkg containing the personalization file and ran after that a simple command:

#!/bin/sh
installer -pkg /Users/Shared/FileMaker Pro 15/FileMaker Pro 15.pkg -target /

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

@Apfelpom that worked for me as well. Have you been able to layer the patch(es) on for it w/o issue as well or do they need a custom package too?