Force update of patch reporting titles

m_entholzner
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hey guys,

is there a hidden button or anything else to force update the patch reporting software titles? A Flash update was released yesterday but the new version doesn't show up in our JSS.

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dpertschi
Valued Contributor

The patch titles/versions are updated automatically in your JSS.
JAMF is considering this phase 1 of a multi phase feature set implementation and are initially aiming for updates in the JSS within 24-48 hours of vendor release.

link

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

dpertschi
Valued Contributor

The patch titles/versions are updated automatically in your JSS.
JAMF is considering this phase 1 of a multi phase feature set implementation and are initially aiming for updates in the JSS within 24-48 hours of vendor release.

link

m_entholzner
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thank you, that post gave me the right hints :)

cnoboa
New Contributor II

Is there a way i can view the current version I have in my JSS and see if JAMF updated it?

mscottblake
Valued Contributor

@cnoboa Yes. Your Jamf Pro server retrieves a json file from the web. You can compare that file to the file on your server. I do not have the location of the json file handy and I'm not sure Jamf wants that location publicized anyway, so I'm not going to share it in this thread.

shawn_eberle
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@cnoboa The URL is: https://jamf-patch.jamfcloud.com/v1/software Port 443 Sorry for not posting that sooner, part of my goals this first quarter are to have more of the Patch Back End Operations transparent. We have a KB that we started and I will be adding to in the near future. KB: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/424/software-definition-files-in-the-jss

Look
Valued Contributor III

Java looks to be way out of date....
1.8.112 2016/10/19 at 1:50 PM
Current version is.

shawn_eberle
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@Look Hey there, we will be posting that tonight around 8CST. Please let me know if you have any issues in the morning.

m_entholzner
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @shawn.eberle , JRE is still showing the old version, only JDK was updated.

Sorry guys, but those updates are too slow! 1.8.121 fixes over 270 security issues, more than 10 are marked as highly critical.

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

Showing 1.8.112 here too

shawn_eberle
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@m.entholzner Morning, it looks as though you are correct the build script missed the JRE update, I will have that updated and pushed out this evening. We have a more manual back up plan to catch these updates, which it did but a day later. We are adding a lot more automation in this first qtr of this year to continuously improve on the Target Response Time and get this down and out to you as quickly as possible, hopefully same day! This hiccup will really help us write something to catch things like this in the future. Thanks for your patience.

m_entholzner
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks Shawn, good to hear that there will be some improvements in future :)

strider_knh
Contributor II

You should also rename it. There is nothing in what this does that deals with patching. It would have been better if you named it "Version Tracking", at least then it would be what it does.

OK, "Version Tracking for the few things WE wish to track" it the best name. Track the OS at least, I care more about the OS then any Adobe product.

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Still waiting for the The newest Microsoft Office Auto Updater to show 2-3 days later.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

robinsonjo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @gshackney!

The Patch for Microsoft AutoUpdate 3.15.18011602 was recently released and should be showing up as an update anytime.

Thanks!

Jonathon

arnokenis
New Contributor III

My patch reporting list has not been updated since december.

Is there maybe a file that has been corrupted that I can delete to solve this? I can access the https://jamf-patch.jamfcloud.com/v1/software from the jamf server (mac os x 10.12.6 / JAMF 9.99.0)