Google Drive reverting back to older version

discounteggroll
New Contributor III

As of this morning, some users are experiencing an issue where there google drive version somehow reverted from 2.34 to 1.32, and thus results in the attached popup c179fcb1da744779a54940b983d22d78

The policy hasn't been touched in ages, and everything seemed to be going smoothly until this morning (so far 5 users have submitted tickets about this). The resolution is to simply flush the policy and quit/reopen the app, however I am at a loss for what caused this issue.

Anyone else experience something like this?

3 REPLIES 3

tthurman
Contributor III

Do you have a policy in the JSS to push out that version? Is the scope messed up on it?

--

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

I don't think this is Jamf related. I had someone get this message today, and we no longer have a policy for Google drive

nmanager
New Contributor III

Could have something to do with this.

Legacy Google Drive desktop sync client now shutting down on May 12th, 2018
// G Suite Updates Blog

When we launched Drive File Stream last year, we announced that the Drive desktop sync client for Mac and PC—a feature officially known as “Google Drive for Mac/PC”—would shut down completely on March 12th, 2018. In response to your feedback, we’re delaying that shutdown date to May 12th, 2018.

We encourage enterprise organizations still using Drive for Mac/PC to transition to Drive File Stream. For non-G Suite users, we recommend Backup and Sync. For more information on choosing the right sync solution for your users, check out this Help Center guide.

To help with the transition, on January 30th we’ll start showing pop-up notifications to G Suite accounts still using Drive for Mac/PC. These notifications will include instructions on how to install Drive File Stream. They’ll only be shown if your domain both allows Drive File Stream and shows Drive File Stream download links in the Drive interface.

IMPORTANT: This shutdown has no impact on other Google Drive services.

Should still have some months to go but wonder if someone flipped the wrong switch at Google to cause an issue.