Has anyone used the EA to List iLock Serial?

CapU
Contributor III

I am struggling to use this EA to determine if there is an iLock on the computer. I can run a command similar to this in ARD but that does not help me as I want to create a Smart Group scoped to iLocks installed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

neilmartin83
Contributor II

We're using this, which returns 'No iLok Connected' if there isn't one, working on OS X 10.10.5 (running Pro Tools 11 which is keeping us from going up to newer OS's):

#!/bin/sh
## Script to detect and enumerate attached iLok Serial

SERIAL=`system_profiler SPUSBDataType | grep -B 5 -i ': iLok' | grep 'Serial' | cut -f 2 -d ":" | sed -e "s/ //"`

if [[ "$SERIAL" == "" ]]
then
    echo '<result>'No iLok Connected'</result>'
else
    echo '<result>'$SERIAL'</result>'
fi

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CapU
Contributor III

BOBW
Contributor II

@CapU not sure where I got it from but:

#!/bin/sh

SERIAL=`system_profiler SPUSBDataType | grep -B 5 -i ': iLok' | grep 'Serial' | cut -f 2 -d ":" | sed -e "s/ //"`

neilmartin83
Contributor II

We're using this, which returns 'No iLok Connected' if there isn't one, working on OS X 10.10.5 (running Pro Tools 11 which is keeping us from going up to newer OS's):

#!/bin/sh

if [[ "$SERIAL" == "" ]]
then
else
fi

jdeas
New Contributor

Has anyone found a way to correlate these hardware serial numbers with the actual iLok serial numbers exported from the iLok manager?

allanp81
Valued Contributor

That's what I'm trying to figure out. We have about 60 of these and renewing them each year is a proper pain as it seems the only way to identify the system id is from each individual machine!

ivanpiesh
New Contributor III

For anyone interested, this is how you get the proper serial numbers that reflect in iLok License Manager. I just modified the script supplied by Neil above.

#!/bin/sh

SERIAL=`/usr/local/bin/iloktool`

if [[ "$SERIAL" == "" ]]
then
else
fi

exit 0