Help for those trying to clear Lost Mode, passcodes on an iOS device

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

I am actually offering a plug here for something that we purchased that has helped us immensely. Maybe it can help you too.

Our organization had situations where students have forgotten their passcode and for whatever reason, the device will not jump on Wi-Fi from the lock screen. Same with lost mode on devices that have been lost for a long time.

I would love to be able to use Jamf Pro to clear passcode or turn off lost mode, but can't if the device is not receiving Wi-Fi.

Up until now, I've been relegated to trying a strange cocktail of adapters and hubs to assist me in using Jamf Pro to do that...sometimes they work, other times not.

I have found a reliable easy-to-use product that does work in our environment. RedPark

Redpark had AppleInsider review his product Review Here mainly aiming toward gamers and kiosk devices, but I think he may have an untapped market of sysadmins like us trying to deal with situations like those described above.

I would advise system admins stuck in my boat above to consider ordering one and giving it a whirl. The price is a hair on the expensive side, but the product was so effective, we are ordering five of them.

If you want to ask the inventor a question, consider reaching out to info@redpark.com

Hopefully other folks try this out and who knows, maybe his product can be the latest "Jamf and...." addition.

0 REPLIES 0