Help me convince my new company to move away from Addigy to Jamf Pro

howie_isaacks
Valued Contributor II

I just joined a new company that currently uses a combination of Addigy and Meraki for MDM. After spending the last three weeks with Addigy, I can point to only one advantage over Jamf Pro. Addigy is more MSP focused. We can create multiple tenants to manage clients separately. In the past I have used sites in Jamf Pro for this and dedicated Jamf Pro servers for clients who are setup with Apple Business Manager. While I was being interviewed for this position, I made it very clear that I feel that Jamf Pro is the best solution and that I prefer to work with it over other MDM solutions. Today we have a meeting scheduled to discuss how the company will move forward with MDM solutions. I am strongly pushing for Jamf Pro. I would love some advice on how to convince the owners of the company to go with Jamf. I could learn to use Addigy but I feel that this would be a huge time drain when I already know Jamf Pro extremely well. What are some good points I can make to help convince them that Jamf is better? I have a few points of my own to make but I want to get some input from others in the Jamf community.

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

howie_isaacks
Valued Contributor II

We can consider this solved. The job I started in June last year went bad. I was gone by August 8. Fortunately, I started working for a really great company right after that and we use Jamf Pro. We have over 800 Jamf Pro servers. I appreciate the offers of help. The company where I was working in June eventually went with Kandji. I won't say exactly what I think about Kandji 💩 but I didn't think it was a good product at all.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Discher
New Contributor III

JAMF NATION!!!

howie_isaacks
Valued Contributor II

That's on my list. I haven't found anything close to Jamf Nation that is focused on other MDMs. I'm also part of a group that meets over Zoom every month. Those meetings are focused mainly on Jamf.

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

How many Apple devices are being managed? Since Jamf is expensive, it will come down to cost. Besides the Pro/Cons of using Jamf, your company will have to factor in the cost. 

Samstar777
Contributor II

Hello @junjishimazaki 

Feel free to reach me on Slack or Message me on JamfNation, I will like to guide you on how can you try to convince your boss.

My ID is Samstar777

Regards,

Sam

Thanks! I just sent you a direct message on Slack.

HI Samstart, I never stated I needed to convince my company about Jamf. The OP is the one who stated that.

Hello @junjishimazaki 

Please message me @Samstar777 or you can also reach me on Slack my username there is also Samstar777. I will guide you on how you can convince your company.

-Sam

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

@Samstar777 , I'm going to say this once. Please stop soliciting. I didn't ask for your assistance. 

Samstar777
Contributor II

Sorry @junjishimazaki I misunderstood than

howie_isaacks
Valued Contributor II

We can consider this solved. The job I started in June last year went bad. I was gone by August 8. Fortunately, I started working for a really great company right after that and we use Jamf Pro. We have over 800 Jamf Pro servers. I appreciate the offers of help. The company where I was working in June eventually went with Kandji. I won't say exactly what I think about Kandji 💩 but I didn't think it was a good product at all.