Home Screen Layout issue (9.91)

drest
New Contributor II

When I try to Add Content to Dock (Safari, for example), clicking Save erases the app that I've selected and it reverts back to No Dock Layout. Also, if I try to save a blank layout, which I've read will alphabetize the existing apps, I can't click through the message box that says "You have not added any content to the Dock, which will result in an empty Dock on each device." Is anyone else having this issue?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Nils
New Contributor II

I got the same issue, by trying to edit an existing/migrated profile.
Same issue with an copied profile...
So I created a new profile and it worked for me!

View solution in original post

Nils
New Contributor II

You're right, it's not possible to configure both Payloads in one profile...

I don't know if there is a reason for that, or it's just a bug...
You should may open a Feature Request or a Support Ticket!

Or just follow JAMFs Best Practice: "Only one Payload per Profile" ;-)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

mrmartinsclass
New Contributor

I was just getting on to ask this questions myself. I just upgraded iOS device to latest 9.3 and the Save still does not 'save' anything. Following for solution, and thanks for asking!

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

You may enjoy reading this discussion.

Nils
New Contributor II

I got the same issue, by trying to edit an existing/migrated profile.
Same issue with an copied profile...
So I created a new profile and it worked for me!

drest
New Contributor II

Thank you all! @Nils - I was using existing/cloned config profiles, and with a new profile, it works like a charm.

drest
New Contributor II

Here's a new plot twist in this saga.

I created a brand new profile to edit the home screen layouts and it works. However, now I can't save any changes in the Restrictions>Applications>Restrict App Usage section.... So, it looks like right now I have to choose one or the other - restrict apps or manage home screen layouts.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Nils
New Contributor II

You're right, it's not possible to configure both Payloads in one profile...

I don't know if there is a reason for that, or it's just a bug...
You should may open a Feature Request or a Support Ticket!

Or just follow JAMFs Best Practice: "Only one Payload per Profile" ;-)

rsaeks
New Contributor III

Has anyone put in a FR / Support Ticket on this? I'm happy to create one if there isn't.

CairoJXP
Contributor

I have a support ticket in related to all this, I'll reply to it with this thread so JAMF is further aware. I've also found issues regarding creating folders and trying to add another content page/screen. Once again, if you want to add a folder with apps inside it, you have to make a new profile, but while you don't get errors, it's not transferring to the device it's scoped to. Various bugs going on here. Also trying to figure out how to add webclips.