How to check via Terminal if MDM profile is unverified?

nick_casio
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I'm thinking of creating a bash script that will verify all unverified MDM profiles via a policy in Jamf but the script will need to check first if the profile is unverified or not.

Is there a bash command that will check if an MDM profile is unverified?

the profiles command doesn't seem to have anything that will show that the profile is unverified.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JustDeWon
Contributor III

@duwayne , I would suggest creating an extension attribute from This and making a Smart Group based on the results, then having a policy scoped to that Smart Group to do what you need.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JustDeWon
Contributor III

@duwayne , I would suggest creating an extension attribute from This and making a Smart Group based on the results, then having a policy scoped to that Smart Group to do what you need.

PaulHazelden
Valued Contributor

User approved MDM is available as a criteria for a Smart group, it will either be Yes or No. It's how I find all of mine here.

nick_casio
New Contributor II

@JustDeWon Thank you! I'll check this out and have it a try.

@PaulHazelden So what you're saying is that if the MDM enrollment is not approved, it means that it's unverified?

nick_casio
New Contributor II

@JustDeWon Thank you for your suggestion. This is exactly what I was looking for.

JustDeWon
Contributor III

@duwayne , to answer your question to @PaulHazelden .. It's possible to have an Unverified User Approved MDM profile. So that Smart Group wouldn't do what you were looking for.

Glad that script was able to help.