How to deploy Adobe CC Uninstaller

ooshnoo
Valued Contributor

I used the Adobe CCP to create an uninstaller, and it generaated a binary executable file, as shown in attached pic.

Anyone know the best way to deploy such a file?1a185c06c7204c8891269b16f5cbf14f

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dpertschi
Valued Contributor

CCP Uninstaller

Text file just lists what will be uninstalled.
The xml file is referenced by the script, so you'll have to package the script and xml together, drop them into a temp directory and then trigger the script.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

nigelg
Contributor

Is there any information in that text file?

dpertschi
Valued Contributor

CCP Uninstaller

Text file just lists what will be uninstalled.
The xml file is referenced by the script, so you'll have to package the script and xml together, drop them into a temp directory and then trigger the script.

Ram
New Contributor II

Hi ... could anyone share the script .. it would be really helpful

smcmjeff
New Contributor III

@Ram Here is my most postinstall script from the composer package I created. Just modify the path to the directory.

#!/bin/sh
## postinstall

pathToScript=$0
pathToPackage=$1
targetLocation=$2
targetVolume=$3

cd /Users/Shared/Remove_cc

sudo ./AdobeCCUninstaller

exit 0      ## Success
exit 1      ## Failure

Ram
New Contributor II

@smcmjeff thank you so much ..

georgecm12
Contributor III

@smcmjeff Two suggestions: /private/tmp would probably be a better place to put temporary stuff like this. It's less visible to the end-user, and has the plus of automatically deleting itself at reboot.

Also preinstall/postinstall scripts run as root by default, you don't need to "sudo."

alexkaloostian
New Contributor II

Im trying this method, but running the script with or without sudo just brings up a Terminal window that says "script was not run with administrator privileges" when I try running it via a Self Service policy.