How we can disbaled netskope in macos ventura

Jaykrishna1
Contributor II

Team,

If, netskope is deployed through Jamf Pro then as an administrator... is it possible to disable it for a while in the new macOS ventura because in Ventura we are not able to find the option to disable this and earlier it was there in macOS Monterey 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Jaykrishna1
Contributor II

it's already selected.

Note:- Netskope is deployed through Jamf.

View solution in original post

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

Generally speaking you don't want to screw with a security client. If you are unsure at all, OPEN A TICKET WITH NETSKOPE. Just because you are deploying Netskope with JAMF does not mean its managed by JAMF. Messing with a security client you dont understand, can and will put you in a lot worse of a situation than you are right now.

There is a disable Netskope option for me on Ventura. I am going to wager its a configuration on the Netskope side, JAMF has no control over how they configure the configuration on the Netskope server. Granted we are on a older version of Netskope as we are retiring the client.

AJPinto_0-1675689371324.png

Any possible way to disable Netskope from CLI would target this binary, JAMF could only disable Netskope with CLI. Netskope does not advertise an augment to disable the client but that does not mean there is not one. To disable the client you will likely need the anti tamper also. 

/Applications/Netskope\ Client.app/Contents/MacOS/Netskope\ Client

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Jaykrishna1 The "Disable Netskope Client" option in the Netskope menulet is controlled by your Netskope console. If you're seeing that option in macOS Monterey and not in macOS Ventura it implies you're applying a different configuration for each OS.

Jaykrishna1
Contributor II

No, If the option to disable Netskope was present in macOS Monterey but not in Ventura, it's possible that the specific feature was removed or relocated to the newer operating system.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Jaykrishna1 The "Disable Netskope Client" is not missing just because you're running macOS Ventura. I'm running Netskope is installed on the Mac I'm typing this from, which is running macOS Ventura 13.2, and have that option available in the Netskope menulet. I'd suggest you ask whoever manages your Netskope client configuration if they have changed the configuration for your environment.

Jaykrishna1
Contributor II

it's already selected.

Note:- Netskope is deployed through Jamf.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

Generally speaking you don't want to screw with a security client. If you are unsure at all, OPEN A TICKET WITH NETSKOPE. Just because you are deploying Netskope with JAMF does not mean its managed by JAMF. Messing with a security client you dont understand, can and will put you in a lot worse of a situation than you are right now.

There is a disable Netskope option for me on Ventura. I am going to wager its a configuration on the Netskope side, JAMF has no control over how they configure the configuration on the Netskope server. Granted we are on a older version of Netskope as we are retiring the client.

AJPinto_0-1675689371324.png

Any possible way to disable Netskope from CLI would target this binary, JAMF could only disable Netskope with CLI. Netskope does not advertise an augment to disable the client but that does not mean there is not one. To disable the client you will likely need the anti tamper also. 

/Applications/Netskope\ Client.app/Contents/MacOS/Netskope\ Client