iApps won't install

jamfpigeon
New Contributor III

I'm very frustrated. I can't get App Store apps to install.

If I go through the regular App Store, it still asks for a login & password (it used to NOT do that for managed apps.) If I use Self Service, it does one of two things:

  1. It SEEMS like it's installing, only nothing ever installs, then the Activity goes empty and the Home page says it's available to install again. Rinse and repeat.
  2. It changes to "Error," has a red bar at the bottom saying "Cannot connect to the Jamf Pro Server ..." then takes me to the App Store page for said app ... which won't install without an Apple ID.

I've tried uninstalling Jamf and re-enrolling, but that doesn't work.

Jamf says the licenses are being used, but they aren't being installed.

I tried enabling/disabling Managed distribution as mentioned in another thread, but that didn't do anything. I also managed and reconned, but that didn't change anything, either.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jamfpigeon
New Contributor III

So it apparently fixed itself the following day. Unfortunately, I can't say HOW it was fixed. πŸ˜•

The only thing that happened between when it wasn't working and when it started working was that my coworker switched it to Automatic Install instead of Self Service. I had switched it back to Self Service so I could replicate the issue and send in some screen shots and logs, but it had decided to work just at that moment.

So if someone else runs into this issue sometime in the future, my only suggestion would be to toggle between Self Service and Automatic Install, as that was the only thing that had happened before it started working again. Unfortunately it was at least 12 hours between when that happened and when I tried it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jamfpigeon
New Contributor III

Sorry, left out some important information.

macOS 10.15.5
jamf Cloud

jamfpigeon
New Contributor III

I guess I'll put in a ticket since no one seems to have run into this issue. πŸ˜•

jamfpigeon
New Contributor III

So it apparently fixed itself the following day. Unfortunately, I can't say HOW it was fixed. πŸ˜•

The only thing that happened between when it wasn't working and when it started working was that my coworker switched it to Automatic Install instead of Self Service. I had switched it back to Self Service so I could replicate the issue and send in some screen shots and logs, but it had decided to work just at that moment.

So if someone else runs into this issue sometime in the future, my only suggestion would be to toggle between Self Service and Automatic Install, as that was the only thing that had happened before it started working again. Unfortunately it was at least 12 hours between when that happened and when I tried it.

View solution in original post