IBM SPSS Statistics 29 (with Network License activation) Crashing right on start up

raghdasi
New Contributor III

Hi All,
I am trying to package SPSS 29 on Apple Silicon M1, using Composer to package. I tried to install it through script and activate through script and as soon as I launch the application after installation and activation it just crashes. also, I did through snapshot that crashes too.
Basically, even the manual installation and activation didn't make any difference.
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Kesloperli
New Contributor

Windows. In the Start menu, select All Programs. In your list of programs, you will see a folder called either SPSS or IBM SPSS Statistics. Open that folder.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

If its crashing when you are manually installing the application, that rules anything JAMF out. If the application opens fine, and its the script breaking things try activating the application manually. With any luck its just something in the script. If it still crashes even activating manually my bet is this application does not support Apple Silicon or MacOS Ventura. 29.0.0 came out after Ventura, so I would like to say that it supports Apple Silicon and Ventura but things dont always work out like that.

Their documentation seems fragmented at best, and outdated at worst. You are not paying IBM to do guess work :), sounds like something you probably want to reach out to IBM on so they can earn their pay check.

What are the supported Apple Macintosh Operating System Versions for IBM SPSS Statistics?

IBM Software product compatibility reports: Detailed system requirements for a specific product

Downloading IBM SPSS Statistics 29

If you do a bit of research you will find that a particular "jar" file needs to be replaced inside of the application, ie right click , show contents.... after that change has been made, version 29 will work for you. I did this back in November, and I wish I could remember the exact file name, but hopefully this sets you on the right track. Contact IBM, they will know.