In-house apps not available from public JSS

cjmedina
New Contributor

I'm currently in the process of configuring private and public-access JSS's. I'm using a File Share Distribution Point (Master) privately, and a Cloud Distribution Point (AWS S3 bucket) publicly. The CDP is set to replicate the files from the master FSDP. I have an in-house app, and when I add it to the JSS, it is hosted in the jamfsoftware database. I am able to push this in-house app to iPads on the private JSS. However, when I try to set up an iPad on the public JSS, the iPads don't get the app.
My theory is that the public iPads aren't hitting the database for the app, because they're attempting to get it from the cloud distribution point (AWS S3 bucket), but it isn't there, because it doesn't replicate the in-house app from the database.
I've tried uploading the in-house app directly into the S3 bucket, but that doesn't help.
Any ideas on how I can get this apps to iPads on a public network?

1 REPLY 1

maurits
Contributor

To help you troubleshooting some generic iOS apps info:

I am not fully aware how the JSS stores the enterprise app's but each app should have a corresponding manifest (.plist) file, that contains a reference to the .ipa file, and this reference is a url.
Maybe this url is referencing to the wrong (internal/external) server?
The (website) JSS that offers the enterprise app should be TLS secured, and trusted.

see Apple Developer : Enterprise app distribution
and seach for manifest