In-place upgrades

nessts
Valued Contributor II

Has anybody noticed that in-place upgrades have broken? I was testing a bit yesterday and all of the sudden a package that had been working fine started telling me the installer is corrupt and needs to be downloaded from the App store. Then I tried the 10.11.2 version that has been working for a couple of months and same message. I rename the installer and put it somewhere else, so I thought maybe using the proper name and putting it back in Applications would help and it does not at least in my initial tests. Is this something we are going to have to deploy through VPP now?

5 REPLIES 5

gregleeper
New Contributor

I've noticed this with 10.11.x in place upgrades when a newer version was available on the app store. Once I deployed the newest version of the in place upgrade, all was well.

nessts
Valued Contributor II

downloaded the installer yesterday and re-packaged and same issue. Somebody else suggested me to check if the date and time were correct, and they were.

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

Do you think this has anything to do with it?

nessts
Valued Contributor II

Maybe, Hopefully, I will try and download a new installer today and see if it works. Thanks for what I hope to be a bright sunshiny day now :D

nessts
Valued Contributor II

new installer from today seems to work better... thanks to @rtrouton and all the other guys that are on top of these things. So they get posted somewhere for those drowning to grab onto.