Initiate Package Installation in Self Service

mkessler
New Contributor II

Hi all,

we want to deploy some 'Software-Stacks' e.g. 'Software-Stack IT' which installs Remote Desktop and iTerm2. We already tried a Policy which installs all needed Packages. It works without a problem, but it has one small downside: If the by the Stack installed Software (iTerm2) is also available in Self Service as a standalone Installation, the Item is not marked as 'Installed'. The Button stays at 'Install' and does not switch to 'Reinstall'.

So i am on the search for some kind to initiate the self service install via a script or something. My idea was to let the Software Stack only execute a Script which call Self Service to install the needed package. 'open "jamfselfservice://content?entity=policy&id=86&action=execute"' sadly did not work. Any other way?

Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mkessler
New Contributor II

Found a solution: Use '/usr/local/bin/jamf policy -trigger $CustomTrigger' in Scripts :)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mkessler
New Contributor II

Found a solution: Use '/usr/local/bin/jamf policy -trigger $CustomTrigger' in Scripts :)

MacJunior
Contributor III

@mkessler may I ask how are you installing iTerm2 via Self Service? could you share your script please?