Installing GoDaddy SSL on Ubuntu Jamf Environment v10.17

tkrohn
New Contributor

Hi Jamf Pro Community-

I have set up a new Jamf Pro instance on an an prem server I have running Ubuntu. I have purchased a GoDaddy SSL to install and have been having a lot of trouble trying to do so. The first time I tried it completely broke the SSL connection to the online interface so I had to navigate to the server.xml file to fix it. I now have the interface up again at a local address but don't want to make that mistake again.

I followed the instructions to Enable SSL on Tomcat with a Public Certificate via Java Keytool and it completely killed the SSL connection on the server.

Here are the commands I used in order with the step by step instructions.

From Step 3: keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -keypass "sn2019" -storepass "sn2019" -keystore keystore.jks this created the keystore file in /usr/local/jss/tomcat/keystore.jks

From Step 6: keytool -certreq -keyalg RSA -alias tomcat -file certreq.csr -keystore keystore.jks

I then scp the CSR and keystore.jks file I created to my local system to have a backup before I import the GoDaddy cert into the keystore.

I import the Godaddy cert into the keystore.jks file:

keytool -import -alias tomcat -keystore keystore.jks -trustcacerts -file certs/[GoDaddyCertificate.crt]

I then scp this keystore file with the godaddy cert imported into it to my local system and uploaded it to the Apache Tomcat Settings on the Jamf web interface.

I restarted tomcat and It totally killed the connection to the web interface. Note: This is fixed now but I just don’t want to have to edit the server.xml file again if this happens again.

Does anyone have experience with this and could possibly share their workflow for this?

Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0