iOS 15.02 does not respect "Erase contents and settings" from Config Profile

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

ruh roh.

Anyone else notice this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdecook
Contributor

I believe this is fixed in the 15.1 betas. It is something on Apples end that was missed with the 15 update as others have stated.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

christina_luis
Contributor

I was FORCED to update an iPad to iOS 15.0.2 when restoring from an iCloud backup.  I just looked and that option is available to this student iPad as well.  Hopefully they don't figure that out.  

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Thanks for confirming...

I have had a few leak through to iOS 15 despite my restriction. This batch was purchased at start of COVID and I wanted to get them updated through Configurator instead of over the wifi....sadly configurator does not allow a choice of iOS versions....

Thats always a bummer, I think that is one thing that I like about Jamf is that it offers that.

rcorbin
Contributor II

The issue is known by Jamf. There is another thread ongoing about this :  
https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro/ipados-15-gt-erase-all-content-and-settings/td-p/247908

It's supposedly an Apple issue with iOS 15. Its under  Jamf PI-010163

sdecook
Contributor

I believe this is fixed in the 15.1 betas. It is something on Apples end that was missed with the 15 update as others have stated.

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Is it considered helpful to open a case with jamf for the PI?

Gives it more weight or anything?

JAMNY
New Contributor

This issue is still occurring on 15.2

rcorbin
Contributor II

That is so odd @JAMNY We did testing when 15.1 came out and it seemed fine after that. We haven't gone back and tested 15.2. Has the issue come back ??