iOS app updates stuck installing or waiting

Shawn_Waller
New Contributor II

Anyone ever have issues with app updates sticking on waiting or installing? I just started here and the app updates were turned off so i turned them on and it looks like alot of them are stuck on installing or waiting. I was thinking it could have been because i didnt stagger the app updates? Anyone ever have issues like this?

6 REPLIES 6

St0rMl0rD
Contributor III

Yeah, a bunch of times, these issues come up randomly so it's very difficult to pinpoint the exact cause. In my experience, it's best to leave the iPad connected to Wi-Fi and the Auto Lock set to never.

gahagacj
New Contributor

Any other ideas? I have five iPads at the waiting message for an entire day. I left them connected to Wi-Fi and the Auto Lock set to never and this morning they are still waiting for apps to be installed.

Rattomlin
New Contributor III

Experiencing the same issue many times over. Have yet to get an answer to this. I usually wipe them again and they will go. Sometimes I send push command to them individually and sometimes that will cause them to install. Sometimes...wipe again seems to be the best solution. Wish someone could tell us why

atomczynski
Valued Contributor

Do you have apps set to update automatically when a new version is out, or do you update them manually?

Rattomlin
New Contributor III

Yes they are set to update automatically.

atomczynski
Valued Contributor

While at my last .org , support told me to update apps manually one by one.
I was told they saw instances where an app would be stuck in a loop trying to update / install.
Perhaps this was due to a fact that we had many apps set to auto install (instead of self service)?

At my current .org the flag is set to auto update all apps and I'm told this is not an issue...