iPad Background

VCHS
New Contributor II

I'm new to Apple so detailed help would be appreciated. From what I read on the KB, it appears that Apple Configurator is the only option for deploying a customized Wallpaper and Lock Screen Background. Is this still the case? I would really love to push this through JSS.

Site information that may be important:

We use the cloud based (JAMF hosted) version with institutionally owned iPads, so some of the server customization options may be off limits to us. All iPads are "Supervised". The JSS is tied to our Active Directory and paired with DEP and VPP. Each student has an AD account if that can be leveraged.

Thanks,

VCHS

3 REPLIES 3

RWitt
New Contributor II

You can push put a lock screen via configurator which I believe is still the only way to push out a lock screen. Unfortunately i have yet to figure out a way to push out and enforce a background. Even if you set the lock screen the user can easily change it as it just sets the lock screen and doesn't actually lock the image in.

VCHS
New Contributor II

Thanks for responding Witt. Has anyone else figured out how to push via JSS?

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

I get asked this quite a lot on our iPad deployment projects. I have only seen this possible using Apple Configurator and as Witt says, it can't enforce it ongoing.