iPad bricked?

arjanhuis
New Contributor III

Hi,

I've created a Prestage Enrollment for mobile devices and everything seemed ok but now i am stuck. During enrollment it asked to connect to a wifi network and, after giving in the credentials and accepting our certificate, it was connected. It activated the iPad and I go the "external management" message. Then it started configuring and ended with a reboot

Now the iPad asks to log in with an Apple ID but when i try to it says "no internet connection". When i connect the iPad to my MacBook i get the "This iPad is supervised by another computer and cannot be used with this computer" message.

I think that I have to accept our certificate once more before it connects to our wifi but I don't see anything that lets me connect to wifi..?

I'm a bit puzzled what to do now?

3 REPLIES 3

arjanhuis
New Contributor III

Nevermind, I think I found a way..

Connected it to my Mac and booted the iPad in recovery mode, that seems to give me the option to restore it to factory default..

mschroder
Valued Contributor

Instead of doing the DFU it might be sufficient to share the Mac's internet connection with the iPad. That should work even if the iPad does not want to 'be used with this computer'. This once saved me when I had a problem with a WiFi profile for an iPad and thus no direct internet connection.

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

Did you purposely enable Shared iPad mode in your pre-stage? That's what it sounds like as you stated it rebooted after you stepped past the Remote Management screen. You should have been able to connect to a network from that login screen by double-pressing the home button.