iPads - Managed AppleIDs Enforcement

jbisgett
Contributor II

To my knowledge, Apple does not currently have a way for us to enforce what accounts are able to login using the iCloud pane on iPads. We are about to unlock the iCloud pane for our students to be able to login with their MAIDs, I'm looking to prevent them from being able to install an apps with a personal AppleID on another device and have those apps install automatically on their issued device if they are logged in with that personal account.

Anyone have a config for blocking Settings -> App Store -> Automatic Downloads -> Apps? 

How are others dealing with this issue with iPads and MAIDs?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jbisgett
Contributor II

TIL that when you Restrict Installing apps using Apple Configurator and iTunes in a configuration profile under Restrictions -> Apps (or you can individually restrict Automatic app downloads as a sub-restriction), it will remove the Automatic Downloads -> Apps option from Settings -> App Store.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

d_logue
New Contributor III

Looking for an answer to this as well.  Even if I can't prevent them from signing in with a personal Apple ID, it would be great if I could at least run a report to get a list of iPads that are using a personal Apple ID, but I'm not seeing a way to do that either. 

jbisgett
Contributor II

TIL that when you Restrict Installing apps using Apple Configurator and iTunes in a configuration profile under Restrictions -> Apps (or you can individually restrict Automatic app downloads as a sub-restriction), it will remove the Automatic Downloads -> Apps option from Settings -> App Store.

jcarr
Release Candidate Programs Tester

If you'd like to see this added as a feature (i.e. restricting accounts to Managed Apple IDs from the same org as the device's automated device enrollment profile), please be sure to submit this as feedback to Apple using the Feedback Assistant.  Without input from customers, Apple may not be aware of the need/desire for this.

Just my $0.02

jbisgett
Contributor II

Feedback filed.