Issue Deploying Adobe CS6 Design Standard Package

sepiemoini
Contributor III
Contributor III

I am receiving the following error when deploying the following package:

Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Package name is Adobe Setup installer: Installing at base path / installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)

The above error is received regardless of how this is deployed. I have tried caching the installer and then running the installation using the "install cached" in a policy and also direct deployment using Casper Remote. I have also toggled the "Install on boot drive after imaging" option on and off as it's default setting is set to have this enabled--to no avail.

I am hesitant to re-package this installer as it DOES work on a handful of deployments. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to this. I am able to locally deploy this but that is a. embarrassing, b. not really resolving the issue at hand and lastly c. this installer has worked just fine in the past. Does anyone have any ideas that are worth trying? Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Josh_Smith
Contributor III

I always had to use this method to get them to work reliably: Deploying PKGs Created with AAMEE or Creative Cloud Packager

View solution in original post

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

We've had this a few times. The protocol the DP is using seems to make a difference, with AFP working slightly better.

These days we normally package the installers for each app separately. Bit of a pain, but it means in self service, they can just get the apps they want, rather than the whole suite, and it gives the server less work to do.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Josh_Smith
Contributor III

I always had to use this method to get them to work reliably: Deploying PKGs Created with AAMEE or Creative Cloud Packager

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

We've had this a few times. The protocol the DP is using seems to make a difference, with AFP working slightly better.

These days we normally package the installers for each app separately. Bit of a pain, but it means in self service, they can just get the apps they want, rather than the whole suite, and it gives the server less work to do.