JAMF Admin Server access denied

drobacca
New Contributor

Hello, I am pretty new to JAMF. I am trying to get things set up and start pushing packages. When I try to log into the JAMF Admin software I encountered this obstacle. Can anyone offer some advice about how to resolve this issue? I work for a Federal agency to give you an idea of design of my environment. Thanks in advance.
91a99491e3f24320b82eb21e6b44dace

3 REPLIES 3

Cyberghost
New Contributor III

Hey,

looks like that the DP user that is configured in the JSS don't have write-access on the DP. Did you checked the permissions? Tried to connect directly via SMB or whatever is configured?

drobacca
New Contributor

Hey Cyberghost, I do not believe I have access to change those permissions. If they are in JAMF Pro User & Groups I could do it. But if it is done at a higher (server) level, I would not be able to do it.

What does DP means? (newbie question)

Cyberghost
New Contributor III

Hey,

You can check this in the Management Settings of you JSS. There you will find "File Share Distribution Points" where the the user is insert. This user need write-access on the DP (Distribution Point). You need two users on the DP. One to write stuff on the disk and on that only have read-access (used by the clients to get the packages).

More info can be find here: https://docs.jamf.com/10.26.0/jamf-pro/administrator-guide/About_Distribution_Points.html