Jamf & Code Signing Certificate

JoshRouthier
Contributor

Afternoon Jamf Nation

We are switching from Profile Manager to Jamf Pro in the coming months, and I have been tasked with this transition. One of the things that I am having trouble with is our Code Signing Certificate. It expires next month (which I'm not sure is beneficial or detrimental), and our higher ups want to continue to have that that nice green checkmark that says Verified when a device is manually enrolled.

Problem is I didn't setup and implement our original Code Signing Certificate with Profile Manager, so this is my first time in that particular rodeo. As I am also not familiar with the inner workings of Jamf yet, I'm having some trouble figuring out where to start in this whole Code Signing Certificate endeavor. I know we will need to either renew or purchase a new Code Signing Certificate in order to get that green Verified checkmark, but I can't seem to find anything about steps that are needed after purchase to get it up and running Jamf.

Any help, information, tidbits, or kernels of knowledge with this is greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@JoshRouthier Not needed for jamf. The profiles are signed with the JSS certificate, so once enrolled the profiles will show the green check mark.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@JoshRouthier Not needed for jamf. The profiles are signed with the JSS certificate, so once enrolled the profiles will show the green check mark.

JoshRouthier
Contributor

@bentoms Thats good to know. If a device is manually enrolled though, when accepting the certificate will it show the red X "Not Verified" or have the green "Verified" checkmark? My higher ups are looking to make sure when users are initially enrolling their device in Jamf that it has the green "Verifiied" checkmark.

To my understanding a Code-Signing Certificate is needed to have the green "Verified" checkmark during the initial enrollment of a device.

Thanks for your help!

JoshRouthier
Contributor

After much discussion with my boss on this, we are moving away from the need for a Code-Signing Certificate. @bentoms Thank you for your help with this!

Not applicable

Hello @JoshRouthier

I still have the necessity to get signed CSR but I am unable to get signed with the options provided.

Upload the CSR and clicking on "Sign CSR" , breaks with 405 error. I am blocked with this.

Regards
Chandramowli G.