Jamf Nation User Conference Update 

jeff_ovik
Contributor
Contributor

Our annual global customer event, the Jamf Nation User Conference, is scheduled to take place in a little under seven months starting on September 29 in San Diego, California. While we look forward to seeing our customers at this event, we are being diligent to ensure the health and safety of our attendees, partners and employees.

In order to remain informed about the ongoing situation at both the global and local levels, we are closely monitoring and taking direction from global, federal and local health officials, including the World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

With that in mind, there are currently no plans for Jamf to cancel or postpone the Jamf Nation User Conference as a result of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).

We believe it is critically important for our community to remain adequately informed on COVID-19. Ongoing updates on our conference plans will be available on our Jamf Nation User Conference COVID-19 FAQ as more information becomes available. In the meantime, Jamf remains focused on ensuring we are taking the necessary measures to protect the health and wellbeing for all attendees onsite during the event.

22 REPLIES 22

KyleEricson
Valued Contributor II

@jeff.ovik Will any Jamf Classes be canceled due to COVID-19? I have a Jamf 200 class in May.

Read My Blog: https://www.ericsontech.com

macbrun
New Contributor III

Same question here!

salesloftcb
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Our 400 in Atlanta just cancelled :(

dustydorey
Contributor III

@kerickson & @macbrun, we have pulled a number of courses off of Jamf Nation for enrollment that are set to occur over the next few weeks and have cancelled a number of upcoming classes. We are actively monitoring the situation and cancelling classes proactively as the situation necessitates due to local or travel concerns for both our customers and our employees and partners. Students in classes that have been cancelled already are being notified directly as indicated by @salesloftcb.

If you are enrolled in any classes that have not yet been cancelled but would like to proactively remove yourself from the class please feel free to reach out to your Support, Customer Success or Sales representative. If you are unfamiliar with who that may be we're also happy to help you change an enrollment status by emailing training@jamf.com

There will be no penalty for canceling or postponing an enrollment due to the COVID-19 Situation.

grahamrpugh
Release Candidate Programs Tester

What about the Jamf Nation Roadshows over here in Europe? My guess is there will have to be some rescheduling?

howie_isaacks
Valued Contributor II

They canceled my Jamf 400 course here in Dallas. It was supposed to happen next month 🤬 🤯 I waited for two years for them to offer this course in Dallas. I am very PO'd. I sacrificed going to JNUC this year to take that course, so now I'm screwed out of taking the course and screwed out of going to JNUC. This would have been my 6th consecutive JNUC. Every time I'm feeling great about Jamf, they do something to screw it up!

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

@howie_isaacks it's not Jamfs fault...

Virtual MacAdmins Monthly Meetup - First Friday, Every Month

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

Kind of a stretch to blame Jamf for COVID-19 don't you think? A lot of companies are justifiably canceling travel these days.

larry_barrett
Valued Contributor

https://www.nytimes.com/article/cancelled-events-coronavirus.html

"It's just the flu". You can't make this stuff up. These are extraordinary times that require extraordinary response.

kdtoft
New Contributor

Doh. I just applied for the JAMF200 in April in MN. I hope the class happens.

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

I would have hated to have paid for a training pass that has an expiration date with all these cancellations. Hopefully Jamf will take the situation into account and offer extensions for folks with them.

dustydorey
Contributor III

Hi @mpermann,
As the situation is evolving and the total length of disruption is currently unknown I'm not at a spot where I can definitively say what the solution will be just yet for every single customer. What I can say is how we'll take care of our customers has been front and center in our minds.

The health and safety of our customers, employees, partners and their families is paramount and led us to cancel the classes we've had to cancel thus far and we will be continuing to monitor and respond as necessary. We'll also be working to identify a long term plan to ensure customers who have active Training Passes during this disruption are also take care of in respect to their training needs. As customer needs are not all the same we will work with customers to be as fair and equitable as possible to all of our customers and satisfy their training needs. We have working plans now based on what we know but will be constantly re-evaluating them as we learn more and understand the length of disruption classes.

In the mean time I would also like to draw your attention to our Online Training Catalog. This is a tremendous resource for those looking to continue their Jamf Education at a time when they may be looking for some virtual options. For those unfamiliar the Training Catalog is free to all Existing Jamf Customers.

KyleEricson
Valued Contributor II

@dustydorey Do you know if this class set for May in Chicago is canceled? Oak Brook, IL (Chicago) May 18, 2020 May 21, 2020

Read My Blog: https://www.ericsontech.com

howie_isaacks
Valued Contributor II

@Hugonaut Actually, it is their fault. The email that they sent told me it was canceled for low registration. You don't know the full story here. They don't offer many Jamf 400 courses in Texas for some dumb reason, and I refuse to travel a long distance to take the course since I am still the ONLY Apple systems engineer in my company. I cannot travel someplace else. They can and should make this course available as an online course.

dshepp33
New Contributor III

I have a very limited time that I can take 400 due to other things going on. I was scheduled for Atlanta which was perfect timing. Then this darn virus and the lack of info came about. Now I have no idea what to do. June and July are completely out for me. My training pass ends at the end of September. Hopefully some 400 classes will happen in May, August or September or I am totally screwed from getting that cert. :(

patgmac
Contributor III

@howie_isaacks Low registration probably made the decision easy, but I guarantee any event next month would have been cancelled because of the virus anyway. Atlanta was sold out and was also cancelled.

Until this year, the CCE/400 has always been held at Jamf owned offices (MN, NYC, Amsterdam, etc) because of the amount of hardware required to operate the course. It wasn't like the 200/300 which just required a laptop for each student. I'm guessing they changed the format in some way so it could be done in other cities so hopefully it'll return to those cities.

tbridge
New Contributor II

@howie_isaacks I think you've lost some perspective here. These are pretty extraordinary times. I can understand being disappointed in these situations, but gathering groups, even small ones, is socially irresponsible in this difficult time. It's hard out there for the Jamf trainers right now who've seen their classes cancelled without help, too. I know you're disappointed, a lot of people are right now. Lashing out won't make it better.

dustydorey
Contributor III

Hello @kericson, Right now we're focusing on the near term classes through April. As the situation develops and we get into the end of March and beginning of April we'll respond as is responsible and based on the guidance from local government agencies.

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

@dshepp33 , hopefully Jamf will offer some consideration in situation like you are in, especially for the 400 class. Since they run only about once per month in US. Maybe they will allow you to extend your training pass for a month or two (depending on how long they need to cancel classes) to take the class later in the year.

dshepp33
New Contributor III

@RBlount Aye, that would be ideal. In NC we have stay at home orders in some towns to April 30. I certainly would hope Jamf would extend our expiration since it looks like March and April are gone as far as classes go. Who knows at this rate May might be included in that too.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Looks like it's April 30 across the board as of today.

Looks like there's time to install the Jeep lift, subwoofer, and other mods.

d9ce99b4a9464d6fbd8c0a654fe54b6e

--
https://donmontalvo.com

akw0045
New Contributor III

I'm told in the past that Jamf has offered the cert tests at JNUC. Is that a possibility for this year?