Jamf Pro 10.5 & Jamf: command not found

woodsb
Contributor

Just upgraded to Jamf Pro 10.5. When I run a quickadd.pkg or enroll via Jamf Recon, everything works perfectly except running jamf commands from the terminal. I run any of the following commands the terminal returns with "sudo: jamf: comand not found":

sudo jamf recon
sudo jamf policy
sudo jamf enroll -prompt
sudo jamf manage

• Has anyone else run into this issue?
  • I'm using the thin image method, so the quikadd.pkg & recon are vital to my process.
  • OS is currently High Sierra 10.13.5
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

MTFIDjamf
Contributor II

This may be linked to the issue in the link below. We ran into this in 10.4 and now 10.5. Editing the postinstall script that is built into the QuickAdd resolved the issue for us.

https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/28097/jamf-pro-10-4-and-quick-add-package-bug

QuickAdd Bug

View solution in original post

woodsb
Contributor

@MTurnerFMRCO Your method is the solution. I couldn't get this to work at first because the framework from the corrupted installation was still there. Once I manually removed the framework from the corrupted installation, the Quickadd.pkg started working. The Quikadd.pkg works every time on fresh 10.13.5 installations.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

you have to add the path to the binary: sudo usr/local/bin/jamf recon

steve_summers
Contributor III

@Sandy is this new in 10.5? I've never had to run any Jamf commands in that manner.

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Have you confirmed that the jamf binary is installed correctly on the devices where you're seeing this happening?

kenergy
Contributor

haver you tried

which jamf

this will let you know if it's installed.

anverhousseini
Contributor II

I had the same issue, because this directory did not exist:

/usr/local/bin/

Just run this command as root user and it will fix this issue:

mkdir -p /usr/local/bin/ && /usr/local/jamf/bin/jamf policy

The jamf binary will then be linked again to

/usr/local/bin/jamf

I have tried but no help.

MTFIDjamf
Contributor II

This may be linked to the issue in the link below. We ran into this in 10.4 and now 10.5. Editing the postinstall script that is built into the QuickAdd resolved the issue for us.

https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/28097/jamf-pro-10-4-and-quick-add-package-bug

QuickAdd Bug

woodsb
Contributor

@anverhousseini your method worked. The quick add seems to be having trouble creating the /usr/local/bin/ directory for some reason. I've tried @MTurnerFMRCO 's fix, but the QuickAdd.pkg seems to create an alias for /usr/local/bin instead of a directory. I'm going to try to combine the two methods to resolve the issue. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

woodsb
Contributor

@MTurnerFMRCO Your method is the solution. I couldn't get this to work at first because the framework from the corrupted installation was still there. Once I manually removed the framework from the corrupted installation, the Quickadd.pkg started working. The Quikadd.pkg works every time on fresh 10.13.5 installations.

scottb
Honored Contributor

This is really not good, Jamf. I am on a deadline, and a JSS that WAS working now doesn't.
I can't get the above to work, and I don't understand how this has carried over from prior rev's to 10.5.0?
Going to have to open a ticket if I can't get it resolved.

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

@scottb Of course, you should open a ticket!

ryan_w
Contributor

I just ran into this issue. Running the latest Quickadd we had did not fix it until I removed the bad link bin link at /usr/local/bin using the RM command. After that I re-ran Quickadd and it was re-created correctly. We are currently on 10.5.0.

antbyrd95
New Contributor

This is still an issue with 10.7.1. I was able to fix it with @anverhousseini 's suggestion.

Cornoir
Contributor II

We had the same issue when we upgraded our Test JSS to 10.5 (along with Self Service not being installed). We upgraded our Test JSS to 10.7.1 and both issues were fixed. JAMF support is aware of the issue, apparently no one does final quality control anymore.