Jamf Pro 11.7.1 & Adobe 2024 apps

NeiSpe77
New Contributor III

Hey guys,

I've been working on a computer lab and I have some time to troubleshoot. I had to upgrade the lab from Ventura and 2022 Adobe apps to Sonoma and Adobe 2024 apps.

Previously for the Adobe 2022 apps I would run them though Composer and I had no problem pushing them out and they would install successfully on my lab computers.

However, this time round the installations fail about 90% of the time, a few would work but most of the time they would fail. I have Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, etc and package them individually.

I came across this: https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro/adobe-product-package-fails-to-install/m-p/301627

I was going to try that when I also read to check the \var\log\install.log

I had it open when I was using Composer to create a new snap shot and I could see a bunch of failed messages. Mostly saying Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. Then when the Installer finished it said The installation was successful. lol. I also see this error when I use Terminal and run the policy id from there.

If I install the software manually it works fine. I was just wondering if anyone else if having trouble with this?

A couple more things to mention is rosetta2 is installed the the Macs are MBA M1s.

Any help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

For Adobe Apps you should be using the Adobe Admin Console and using the .dmg you download from there to build the package and upload the package to Jamf directly. If you manually package Adobe Apps or you will have a bad time.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

For Adobe Apps you should be using the Adobe Admin Console and using the .dmg you download from there to build the package and upload the package to Jamf directly. If you manually package Adobe Apps or you will have a bad time.

mschlosser
Contributor II

When i install adobe; I do not use composer at all; login the adobe admin console, create the packages as necessary; and upload them to jamf cloud' given the size of the labs that i deal with; i then sync it to an on-prem distribution point and use a policy to install from there. Doing it this way, i have never had a problem installing adobe. on hundreds of boxes. 

Some scripts in the install packages may require rosetta; so installing that before running is a good thing; 

/usr/sbin/softwareupdate --install-rosetta --agree-to-license

as part of the policy. hope that helps.

PaulHazelden
Valued Contributor

In the Adobe Admin Console, with our Shared device license, all I really need to create as a package is the Creative Cloud Desktop App, this will have our license set in it. Then use the Jamf App catalogue to push out the Adobe apps.
The only time I would deviate from this process is with Premiere Pro, where it needs Language packs adding to it. The Jamf Apps version does not have them.
You will need to make up a single group, which contains all of the Macs you want the Apps to install on, because the Jamf Apps setup only has space for one group.
Jamf Apps will keep them up to date for you too.