Jamf Pro EOL Question

Techthomas
New Contributor

Hello,

I did a bit of searching for this answer, but I wasn’t able to find anything as exact as what I’m looking for. I have a 100 something iPad 8th Gen’s. I keep getting told that they will no longer be supported in Jamf Pro around the fall of 2025. This is from someone internally in my company. 

From what I’m seeing, it’s not necessarily 8th Gen’s that are no longer supported, it is devices that are not able to be updated to a certain iOS.

The way I understand it, as long as the device is not older that 4 major iOS versions, then it is supported. So in the Fall of 2025, as long as the device is iOS 16 or higher (assuming iOS 19 comes out), it is still supported. Am I correct on this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Shyamsundar
New Contributor II

Yes it’s based on the iPad os version 

kindly refer the minimum os requirement for Jamf 11.10 , its support still iOS 14

https://learn.jamf.com/en-US/bundle/jamf-pro-release-notes-current/page/System_Requirements.html.

View solution in original post

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

This is more to do with the version of iPadOS than it is the hardware model. Since Apple refuses to provide roadmaps of when they will stop supporting a given model, Jamf cannot provide a roadmap of when they will drop support for it.

Also keep in mind, you can still enroll unsupported OS’s but they may not behave as intended and the MDM commands that you issue with Jamf may not work on them.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Shyamsundar
New Contributor II

Yes it’s based on the iPad os version 

kindly refer the minimum os requirement for Jamf 11.10 , its support still iOS 14

https://learn.jamf.com/en-US/bundle/jamf-pro-release-notes-current/page/System_Requirements.html.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

This is more to do with the version of iPadOS than it is the hardware model. Since Apple refuses to provide roadmaps of when they will stop supporting a given model, Jamf cannot provide a roadmap of when they will drop support for it.

Also keep in mind, you can still enroll unsupported OS’s but they may not behave as intended and the MDM commands that you issue with Jamf may not work on them.

Techthomas
New Contributor

Thanks for this all. When would be a good estimate of when the 8th Gen iPads would fall under unsupported?