Jamf Pro latest release for general availability

kaylee_carlson
Contributor
Contributor

Update: May 25, 2021
Today we are making an update available for Jamf Pro to resolve an issue with concurrent mobile device search calculations if using extension attributes and failed 10.29 upgrade when duplicate computer or mobile device user push tokens exist. Please check your Jamf Nation alerts or the release notes for additional details on this release.

Standard Cloud customers will be upgraded directly to 10.29.2 during this weekend’s scheduled release, below.

///

Update: May 20, 2021
We wanted to alert you that the Jamf Pro cloud upgrade, previously planned for this weekend, May 21-22 will be pushed out one week to May 28-29. Please see below for the updated schedule. As always, Standard Cloud customers will be upgraded directly to the latest version of Jamf Pro.

Update: May 18, 2021
Today we are making an update for Jamf Pro available to resolve Global Service Exchange (GSX) issues. Apple’s GSX integration, which many administrators use to populate device warranty and purchasing information, is updating its APIs. The old endpoints were deprecated on May 14th, 2021. This deprecation will not cause loss of data, but administrators performing look ups against the old API will not be able to populate that information. This update to Jamf Pro will support the new API therefore, admins will need to update to the new version in order to populate new device information.

////

Cloud Upgrade Schedule
Your Jamf Pro server, including any free sandbox environments, will be updated to Jamf Pro 10.29.1 based on your hosted data region below.

Need assistance identifying the Hosted Data Region of your Jamf Cloud instance? Check out this guide to find out how.

Hosted Region Begins Ends
ap-southeast-2 May 28 at 1400 UTC May 29 at 0100 UTC
ap-northeast-1 May 28 at 1500 UTC May 28 at 2300 UTC
eu-central-1 May 28 at 2200 UTC May 29 at 0800 UTC
eu-west-2 May 28 at 2300 UTC May 29 at 0500 UTC
us-east-1 May 29 at 0400 UTC May 29 at 1900 UTC
us-east-1 sandbox May 29 at 0000 UTC May 29 at 0900 UTC
us-west-2 May 29 at 0700 UTC May 29 at 1800 UTC

Next Steps

For real-time messages about your upgrade, subscribe to alerts.

For information on what's new in Jamf Pro 10.29.1, please review the release notes.

5 REPLIES 5

markopolo
Contributor

I always see these auto-upgrade schedules but my instance always seems to get missed (I am on 10.27 currently) and I have to request the upgrade. What am I "missing"?

talkingmoose

Reach out to the customer support address you see listed here in your assets:
https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/account-team

You may either be a Premium cloud customer or at some point in the past your instance was flagged for a manual schedule. Jamf can likely address this before the dates above.

user-OHTrLNQCsZ
New Contributor III

Will this impinge on functionality for a period?

tomt
Valued Contributor

Thanks for moving this to a holiday weekend...

user-EXlKyOlnfa
New Contributor

Having moved away from Apple server hardware years ago, I’ve only ever considered linux based solutions for jamfPro dev environments in a Hypervisor. I dig the idea of throwing these instances together quickly and letting junior SysAdmins cut their teeth in these environments that they can screw up all they want.