Jamf Pro Patch Managment

szultzie
Contributor II

Why is everything in the Jamf UI so frustrating and not consistent?

So i wanted to do some things with Patch Management, mainly see what version of an app we have in the environment.

So a few weeks ago i made some Patch Management policies to just report version back.

Seems to work great. Well at first glance at least.

So i focus in on MS Outlook, i need to push an update out tot he environment and wanted to see if there are newer versions than what we are supporting. Well its almost impossible to tell by just looking at it

b05cc2def8f549a08942d533306ae933

So one would think that either the top or bottom of the list would have the latest or oldest version, but not in Jamfs wonderful UI.

Im not even complaining about the fact that Office 2016 vs 2019 are two different products and should be Patch accordingly, and Jamf just throws them into one Policy which i'm ok since the version are higher and should indicate a newer version of the product with a 16.19 vs 16.16 in the version name as it does. Plus Microsoft doesn't make it easy since Office 2016 could also be 15.41.

What i am frustrated with is the fact that they are not in numerical order, actually i have no clue what order they are in? Maybe in the order that the technician entered them in and that person did it randomly? Its also no by the number of devices, plus they don't let us arrange by anything either.

6 REPLIES 6

dmitchell
Contributor

Mine are definitely numerically ordered starting with the newest first. You may want to contact Jamf support. I didn’t do anything special to get it to display that way.

szultzie
Contributor II

interesting, thanks I will contact them. What version are you on? We are at 10.7.1

dmitchell
Contributor

@szultzie I am on 10.8 but I have never had this issue since this became a feature996f60589e554f089c77c47bbe4e6bf9

szultzie
Contributor II

ok so i looked into this some more, looks like its hit or miss for me. Mostly miss, the only ones that are in order are Firefox ESR (not regular that one is nto in order) and Chrome, the rest looks like they are not in order including, macOS.

You mind checking to see if your macOS(if you have it set up) is in order?

-Peter

dmitchell
Contributor

@szultzie macOS is in order for me.

szultzie
Contributor II

Looks like we hit yet another Product Issue.

PI-004990

Good ol'Jamf