Jamf Training | 1st half of 2019 US & Canada Scheduling Update

Josh_at_Jamf
New Contributor II

Jamf Nation,

We’ve recently posted the first half of 2019’s training schedule and wanted to share that enrollments are now open to anyone planning to take training in the coming year. Phoenix, Miami, San Mateo, Ft. Worth, and Vancouver are all new cities we’re bringing the 200 to and you can see our full list of courses on Jamf Nation.

Additionally, we’ve released our new Jamf Certified Associate certification. The certification is earned after passing an exam that covers the content of the Jamf 100 course. This free online course is self-paced and serves as a foundation for understanding enterprise management of Apple products with Jamf Pro. The Certified Associate certification exam costs $100USD and is also delivered online. In addition to English it is available in Deutsch, Français, and 日本語.

For more information about Jamf training, please visit jamf.com/training or feel free to email training@jamf.com.

19 REPLIES 19

ryan_ball
Valued Contributor

Thanks for bringing the 400 to Austin next year!

KyleEricson
Valued Contributor II

Can you all come to St. Louis?

Read My Blog: https://www.ericsontech.com

scottlep
Contributor II

Is the 350 class no longer offered? Some classes in Philly would be nice too ;)

Thanks,
Scott

exno
Contributor

So is the 350 class dead? Its been removed from the Training info page and the training schedule.

Is this part of an effort to get people of On-Prem builds and into the cloud?

- I am @exno or @exnozero on almost everything that exists.

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

What happened to Philadelphia?!

Virtual MacAdmins Monthly Meetup - First Friday, Every Month

dustydorey
Contributor III

Hi @exno & @scottlep,
Thanks for chiming in. As you've noticed we are no longer offering the Jamf 350 course in Instructor Led Course format. However, we have been working hard to transition the subject matter that was covered in that course into our Online Training Catalog. The Online Training Catalog was announced at the Jamf Nation User Conference this past October and is freely available to all of our subscription customers for use right now. Several topics areas that were covered in the Jamf 350 are completed and exist as Series in the catalog now with the remainder being worked on currently.

Regards,
Dusty

exno
Contributor

@dustydorey Soo fun question.. Why is the 350 Courses only available in the Online Training Catalog?

Wasn't Subscription just another way of saying Hosted/Jamfcloud? at which point the vast majority of 350 is not needed for those users since Jamf is maintaining the Servers.

If 350 has been removed from Instructor led training shouldn't the Course material be made available to those that needed. ie the ones Supporting On Prem setups?

dustydorey
Contributor III

Hi @exno,
The quickest way to explain it is that the Online Training Catalog is freely accessible to the largest number of customers immediately and while you are correct that all Hosted/Jamfcloud customers are Subscription not all subscription customer are hosted. So the material will still be applicable to that audience. Choosing to move the content was a function of declining demand and thus ability to provide it with finite resources but still finding a venue to provide the information to the largest number of customers.

exno
Contributor

Outside of Jamfcloud, and I'm guessing Premium Support Services. What Constitutes a subscription?

dustydorey
Contributor III

Hi @exno,
Admittedly, that is a conversation that is outside my area of expertise to speak to well. Our Customer Success folks are the pros in talking you through those finer points and can speak specifically to your account. I'd encourage you to reach out to them directly to discuss what that looks like for your organization.

Cheers,
Dusty

exno
Contributor

Will do, I figured I'd ask here first so that anyone else that was looking for 350 and saw this post for 2019 training sessions would have one spot for all the info.

I'll bug the Account peoples (are they still called Jamf buddies?) and if its shareable info, I'll post it here.

Thanks for the info and assistance @dustydorey

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

woohoo vancouver!

howie_isaacks
Valued Contributor II

I guess Dallas gets the shaft this upcoming year! I need to take the Jamf 400 course, so my only choice is to drive down to Austin. I'm not happy about this at all.

scottlep
Contributor II

@dustydorey it would be nice if there was a link to the Online Training Catalog here in Jamf Nation. Also, I am confused by your comments about the 350 class..."Several topics areas that were covered in the Jamf 350 are completed and exist as Series in the catalog now ". Is it already available, or is it still in the process of being transitioned to online (assuming this since I don't see it listed)? If it is still be transitioned, when do you expect it to be available? Will there be an exam that can be taken to earn the 350 certification? When I took the 200 class almost every question I asked I was told by the trainer that it wasn't covered in the 200 class and that the 350 class would probably be the best choice to get the info and training I most likely needed based on the questions I was asking.

Thanks,
Scott

sanaumann
New Contributor III

St. Louis would be great. We're a relatively central location for people from KC, Indianapolis, Memphis, Louisville, Nashville, and Des Moines. Traveling here is way cheaper than most major cities.

navaneelan
New Contributor

People from different Country :(

dustydorey
Contributor III

Hi @scottlep,
Thanks for the input, we're working on a website refresh for the Training pages at Jamf.com currently and will work with Jamf Nation as well to make that easier to reach. For now, here's a direct link to the Training Catalog You will need to create a different account than your Jamf Nation account as the Training Catalog is built on our new Identity system that we'll be able to add many more services to as we move forward.

As for the subject matter, the Jamf 350 as a singular and self contained course, the examination process and certification will no longer exist. What will exist online is the subject matter that was taught in that course. Since the subject matter in that course covered quite a lot of ground we were able to break it up into more manageable chunks and they're being added to the catalog as they're finished rather then waiting for everything to be complete when it may not all be necessary to provide answers or help for a customer. For example the topic of Clustering Servers is not dependent on the content related to Multi-Context environments. So that modularity gives a benefit that they can be built and released separately and consumed separately and as needed by the learner when they need it.

Currently the following topics from the 350 material have been transitioned; Manual Server Installation (several platforms), Clustering & Multi Context. The following topics from the 350 are listed and in progress; Load Balancing, Security Settings & Performance

Moving the content to an online platform that is available to all subscription customers allows us to make the information available to more people when they need it. While we love getting to know everyone in our in person classes, we know that attending a course is not always an easy endeavor and hope that this format particularly for this type of subject matter will be accessible to more customers than we could have ever made it available to in person.

Regards,
Dusty

CaobiancoRafael
New Contributor

Hi Folks,

Please bring the 200 course to Latin America in 2019.

Sao Paulo can be good start.

evan_heringer
New Contributor II

Really surprised that LA isn't on this list.