JSS 8.6 Computer details error (java)

Kumarasinghe
Valued Contributor

We have seen a java error in the inventory details of the new computers I imaged recently. This issue appeared after v8.6 upgrade and with v8.52 I could see the computer details in the inventory.

If you search for computers and click on "Details" of one of the newly imaged macs, you'll get;
"org.apache.jasper.JasperException: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: java.lang.NullPointerException"

external image link

JSS Ver.:8.6 Server OS: Windows 2008 R2 (seen the same issue in JSS installed on Linux as well).

I have tried deleting the computer record and reimaged etc.. but no go. Database is OK as well.

Has anyone seen this behavior with JSS 8.6? Any workaround?

JAMF development ticket ID for this bug: D-003117

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

matthew-c
New Contributor III

Yes we have the same issue on a Linux JSS.

I have found disabling mobile device management and re adding the affected machines brings the effected machine back to working order.

I suggest you contact JAMF support directly before doing anything though. They will want to capture some logs etc from your system.

Cheers

Matt

quedayone
Contributor

I have the same error, definitely contact JAMF support. I have not tried disabling mobile management and re adding, I will give that try.

Laubach
New Contributor

Same issue here. Any one have a fix for this?

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone,

From the 8.6.1 release notes:

[D-003117] Fixed an issue that prevented the JSS from displaying inventory details for computers with invalid certificates.

Just a FYI. Hope this fixes your issues.

Thanks,
Tom

Kumarasinghe
Valued Contributor

Thanks Tom.

Yes. It has been fixed with 8.6.1 release.