KACE AMPagent - Big Sur

bottsc
New Contributor II

Has anyone been successful in deploying the KACE agent (11.0.123) to Big Sur Macs? I've been having trouble since tokens were introduced. The AMPagent.pkg I'm using already has our server address and token information pre-filled. Previously, I was using the script mentioned here to enter our sever address:

https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/22444/dell-kace-package#responseChild135717

4 REPLIES 4

noah_blair
New Contributor

Hello. Assuming you've figured this out by now as it's been a few months, but I'll answer in case someone else comes across this...

You need to login to your Kace appliance and download a copy of the installer .dmg by going to Settings - Agent Tokens - click your valid agent token entry, then you should see a Mac installer that you can download.

Use Composer to copy that dmg to a tmp folder on the client machine.

Then have a post installer script that mounts the dmg, runs the pkg installer, then unmounts the dmg.

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 4.42.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 4.39.51 PM.png

Thank you for posting the solution.  It worked for Catalina as well.

priestl
New Contributor

I was able to extract the AMPAgent.pkg from the DMG and use a policy to deploy the package. That policy then runs a script to set the host and token information.
/Library/Application\ Support/Quest/KACE/bin/amptools set host=server.domain token=In$ErtS3curEt0kEns7tr!|\|gH3rE

Nice!