Keeping Track of App Licenses

Caleb_Anderson
New Contributor III

Just wondering how others are keeping track of required licenses since the JSS still doesn't have the option (The FR only has 54 upvotes sadly).

We currently have a spreadsheet that had all the apps imported from the JSS, then we manually found the prices in the app store and added them, along with columns for each grade in our school.

f750bf09c72c466db81ea2251bc11094

This is a very manual process, and names of apps constantly change in the JSS so if we ever want to add more apps after an import, we have to either add them as we buy them (which almost never happens unfortunately) or we re-import and re-sort the spreadsheet which takes a few hours with our 450ish apps.

Does anyone have an easier way of keeping on track with the amount of licenses they need to purchase at any given time?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

mdonovan
New Contributor III

I like the idea behind this. Would be quite useful to view price at purchase for example.

djrich29
New Contributor III

We needed to do something similar to this and I ended up using the JSS api and a smashing dashboard to assist our software compliance team to track over the limit software licenses, the widgets will display a red color once the software title is non compliant due to over limit licenses number.

djrich29
New Contributor III

We needed to do something similar to this and I ended up using the JSS api and a smashing dashboard to assist our software compliance team to track over the limit software licenses, the widgets will display a red color once the software title is non compliant due to over limit licenses number, not perfect but it works for our needs.24f7f49fe4544bb59c868bee0c612317

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

@djrich29 can you share how you did that?

nwagner
Contributor

@djrich29 I would also like to know how you did that? Did you use the actual "Smashing Dashboard Framework"? Or something else.