Linux Casper Suite 9.96 upgrade?

mtiffany
New Contributor III

Hello,
I seem to forget this this just about the time a new release comes out....

My memory tells me I'm to download a xxx.run file to upload to my jss and then run that file to upgrade it. However, I can't seem to find any .run file to do this except a JDS .run.

Am I doing something wrong or is there not an upgrade from 9.82?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@mtiffany

That’s certainly strange; I just downloaded the JSS Installer for Linux to check, and mine, once unzipped, shows the following:

0c0dde3bfc5e43acbe0d83115ac3622d

The zip file should provide documentation as well as the .run file that you'll need to transfer to your Linux server and run.

The file you’re describing, the JSSDatabaseUtil.jar comes with the JSS Manual Installation zip for the JSS for customers who prefer not to use the installer and prefer to just replace the ROOT.war file manually, so it sounds like you may have downloaded the JSS Manual Installation by mistake instead of the JSS Linux Installer.

If the file you downloaded is called JSSInstallation9.96.zip, it’s the set of files for the manual installation.

If you’re looking for the JSS Linux Installer version, the file will be called JSSInstallerLinux9.96.zip.
I double checked again, and that is the file I get when I click the Download button directly below JSS Installer for Linux.

If you're certain you're downloading that file and are still not getting the correct .zip, please get in touch with your TAM to have them dig into it a bit further.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@mtiffany

Seeing only a JDS installer typically means that you've downloaded the JDS installer by mistake instead of the JSS installer.

If you go to My Assets >> Show JSS Installer Downloads you should see the JSS Installer for Linux there.

Amanda Wulff
JAMF Support

mtiffany
New Contributor III

Hi @amanda.wulff, If I go to my assets, I can click on the Casper Suite +Show JSS Installer downloads. I can then select the Linux version, which is what I need. But when I unzip the package I get documentation and JSSDatabaseUtil.jar
I thought when doing an upgrade on linux in the past they provided a .run file. So I'm a bit confused because the instructions that I find for upgrading a Linux JSS says to upload the .run file to the jss and then to: sudo sh /path/to/jssinstaller.run

????

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@mtiffany

That’s certainly strange; I just downloaded the JSS Installer for Linux to check, and mine, once unzipped, shows the following:

0c0dde3bfc5e43acbe0d83115ac3622d

The zip file should provide documentation as well as the .run file that you'll need to transfer to your Linux server and run.

The file you’re describing, the JSSDatabaseUtil.jar comes with the JSS Manual Installation zip for the JSS for customers who prefer not to use the installer and prefer to just replace the ROOT.war file manually, so it sounds like you may have downloaded the JSS Manual Installation by mistake instead of the JSS Linux Installer.

If the file you downloaded is called JSSInstallation9.96.zip, it’s the set of files for the manual installation.

If you’re looking for the JSS Linux Installer version, the file will be called JSSInstallerLinux9.96.zip.
I double checked again, and that is the file I get when I click the Download button directly below JSS Installer for Linux.

If you're certain you're downloading that file and are still not getting the correct .zip, please get in touch with your TAM to have them dig into it a bit further.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Support

mtiffany
New Contributor III

Thank you @amanda.wulff for catching my total brain fart this morning! I was downloading the Manual version. I'm going to blame it on the sinus meds I'm running on this morning ;o)

Thanks again Amanda!

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@mtiffany

It happens! :)

I've worked for JAMF for several years and still sometimes have, "...wait, where do I get the Linux/Windows/Manual installers again?" moments.

Glad you got the installer you were after in the end!

Amanda Wulff
JAMF Support