LockDown Browser not Working after Ventura Update

Pdallison
New Contributor

Hey Jamf Nation,

We are having issues with LockDown Browser not opening after students install the pkg or dmg created from composer. The message that pop up on their screen is "the application is damage- App installed from an unknown developer(notarization)  ". Issue just happening with intel clients running on Ventura. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

If I remember correctly this app is provided as pkg. Leave the pkg alone and upload it to JAMF, dont use composer to repackage and leave the permissions as they are in the source files. See if that helps any. Even something as simple as messing with permissions is modifying the app bundle. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Pdallison macOS Ventura doesn't tolerate an application that changes files within its application bundle, and apps that do modify themselves will usually display the error message you mention. You'll need to contact the application developer to see what their plans are for updating their app torun properly on macOS Ventura.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

The message you are seeing is from something messing with application contents and breaking the signature on the application. Are you messing with the application bundle files and repackaging the app for deployment? 

To my Knowledge I have not changed any of bundle of files; however, I do change the permission to "root" and "wheel" when building the package in composer. 

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

If I remember correctly this app is provided as pkg. Leave the pkg alone and upload it to JAMF, dont use composer to repackage and leave the permissions as they are in the source files. See if that helps any. Even something as simple as messing with permissions is modifying the app bundle.